Author Topic: Question about 2012 Game  (Read 2377 times)

Jeri

• Pre-Reg
  • Mundane Conventioneer
    • View Profile
Question about 2012 Game
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »
Question 1: What was the little grey flowerpot dome thingy in room 2 during end game?  I understand we broke it, but what was it?
Question 2: Josh, why couldn't you summon the "entity"? Did we miss something that wouldn't let you put the proper code in the computer?
2008-2012 - Holly/Manager of Malices
2007 - Holly the Dryad
2006 - Lee, Not the familiar
2005 - OTS Mage

Ricky

• Pre-Reg
  • Phollower
  • It's about sending a message
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Question about 2012 Game
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »
1. I think the grey thing was supposed to be a virus on it's way to CLARK-space.  I'm guessing if it made it to CLARK-space, it would have prevented the entity from coming through.  Also, if I had to guess, there's was nothing we could do to stop the virus itself (outside of the refs letting us stop it by hitting it with a normal "Item" because it was clear we were on the wrong track).  It was more supposed to be a timer for us to get the entity through within a certain number of rounds. 

2. Even though we stopped the virus, we failed at helping the entity through.  Just like the harbingers, we would have had to do one of the light-rope configuration exercises in order to let the entity through.  Apparently no one was there to do the configuration.  As I understand it, there were notices in Malice's that he was waiting for us to let him through.  First patiently, then impatiently, then eventually he gave up and said "better luck next time," -- or something along those lines. 

My leader, Lord Byron, was directing us on where to be as he had some theory of his own.  He was wrong.  I guess that's what I get for letting him be the "brains of the operation" for a moment when that was supposed to be my role. 

Anyhow, that's how I understand how the events unfolded.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
'13 The Great Turtle
'12 Algernon Radcliffe
'11 Kip Oppenheimer
'10 Harry Ross, Matchmaker Extraordinaire
'09 Josh, God of Cookies
'08 Gruesome
'07 Walter Del Mundo, Coven of Dark Mages
'05 Good Dragon
'04 MIB Agent
'03 Leprechaun

Josh Wilhoyte

• Pre-Reg
  • Y2K bug
  • MonKEH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
1.  That's very close.  I at first thought it was the virus (and sent people to destroy the virus), but it ends up Scottie was the virus.  The message from the ClarkTop which applied to the "flowerpot" (I never actually saw the prop) was something to the effect of "undisclosed anomaly approaching through luminal space."  As far I know, no one hit it with a Detect Creature or the Bestiary or Metagaming while in Liminal Space (the area between Reality and C-Space).  I don't know if that anomaly is something we'll now never know or it it is a Dark Continuity precursor (there are some pretty crazy Dark Continuity precursors to this years game [which were not properly marked]) which is my best bet.  So with any luck, we'll find out later what the "undisclosed anomaly" was supposed/is going to be.

2.  I believe I didn't know the actual name of the entity.  I tried Entity, OldOne, Harbinger and a few other variations, but I never hit in the correct one.  If we'd a name for the thing it might have worked better.  I also didn't realize that I needed to activate the actual Summoning code until about three prompts in, and by that time I was being attacked by Scottie, two normals, and a giant freaking DNApe with only G Vo and a short lived hero as my defense.  That slowed down my typing.  Also, the refs may have not realized how well prepared people were for it actually showing up.  As far as I can tell, we were through with the ClarkRope and that wasn't needed.  I don't know if perhaps we needed someone(s) in C-Space waiting for it, but I don't think so.  I think at that point al that was required was a correct Summoning Name for the ClarkTop, and I all knew was that it was an Old One.  And those guys are hard to spell on the fly. 

I'm still sort of amazed we actually got through the Clark Top as well as we did.  The actual solution was sort of more obvious than we originally realized, but even after we determined it, the stations names kept changing (I'm assuming that was Scottie's deal).  I'm also not entirely sure we ever got the Communications Array calibrated or not.  The Anti-Virus message want out several times, but the Calibration always read as Incomplete.  ruby was telling me a story on how it looked before testing (it was originally case sensitive, eek) but we got interrupted and never finished that tale.  As always, we never quite get the final view behind the curtain.  However, I've been learning there's way more continuity going on in the game than I ever dreamed, so I would not be at all surprised if portions of what happened are revisited in the future.
Josh Wilhoyte
Former Fan Table Chair - The ConFronted

For Identification purposes:
Josh as Armand Du, Sleepy in Action

Ricky

• Pre-Reg
  • Phollower
  • It's about sending a message
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
IIRC, in the ritual I had to prevent the entity from coming, he was properly referred to as "The One That Comes".  I'll have to double-check when I get home from work.

Edit: "What Is To Come" is exactly how the entity is referenced in the ritual.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:49:43 PM by Ricky »
'13 The Great Turtle
'12 Algernon Radcliffe
'11 Kip Oppenheimer
'10 Harry Ross, Matchmaker Extraordinaire
'09 Josh, God of Cookies
'08 Gruesome
'07 Walter Del Mundo, Coven of Dark Mages
'05 Good Dragon
'04 MIB Agent
'03 Leprechaun

Pat